"I believe" - "We believe"
Faith, is above all, a gift from God and an act of grace which transforms the heart of the believer.
Faith is our response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to us, at the same time bringing us a superabundant light as we search for the ultimate meaning of our lives. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 26)
“Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Indeed, by faith our ancestors received approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are not visible.” (Hebrews 11: 1-3)
Some ways to deepen your faith:
- Pray every day
- Attend Sunday Mass or more often if possible
- Read the Bible or listen to bible podcasts
- Seek understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church, an excellent reference is the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Listen to Catholic podcasts
- Attend a Catholic Scripture study
- Become active in one of the many Pastoral Area ministries
In our Pastoral Area there are many opportunities to deepen your faith: