The Pastoral Area of Greystones and Kilquade values and encourages the participation of children, young people and vulnerable adults in all parish activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional and social development.
We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and vulnerable adults and are committed to their protection and support. We will do all in our power to create safe environments to ensure their protection and enable their full participation the life of the Church and Pastoral Community.
We are committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults who are involved in Church activities in accordance with the guidelines of the Church – please see the policy documents below. The Archdiocese of Dublin has structures in place to ensure the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults including the Child Safeguarding and Protection Service (CSPS), the Safeguarding Committee and the Advisory Panel.
The CSPS promotes the safe care of children and vulnerable adults throughout the Archdiocese by:
- Providing training for priests and parish workers and volunteers in safeguarding and protection.
- Dealing with complaints and concerns about child and vulnerable adult protection matters, reporting to the civil authorities and advising the Archbishop on measures necessary to protect our most vulnerable.
Our Safeguarding Representatives in the Pastoral Area
Each parish has Safeguarding Representatives to ensure good practice at parish level. Our Safeguarding Representatives are:
- Louise Gaskin 087 225 2527
- Liam McCabe 086 023 0233
- Frances Stephenson 087 249 9362
- Maire Ní Shíodhail 087 241 9138
Useful Contact Numbers
|Safeguarding & Child Protection Service, Archdiocese of Dublin|
|Director and Designated Liaison Person: Andrew Fagan||01 836 0314|
|Safeguarding & Support Officer: Deirdre Donnelly||01 836 0314|
|Tusla Wicklow Area||0404 63400|
|HSE (Vulnerable Adults)||1850 241850|
|An Garda Siochána: Greystones||01 665 5800|
|An Garda Siochána: Newtownmountkennedy||01 281 922|
|An Garda Siochána: Wicklow||0404 60140|
|The Samaritans||Freephone 116 123|
|One in Four||01 662 4070|
|Faoiseamh (Towards Healing) Helpline||Freephone 1800 303 416|
|Childline||Freephone 1800 66 66 66|
The Child Safeguarding and Protection Service
The Child Safeguarding and Protection Service promotes the safe care of children involved in Church activities throughout the Archdiocese. It does this through:
- Providing training for priests and parish workers in safeguarding and child protection
- Dealing with complaints and concerns about child protection matters, reporting to the civil authorities and advising the Archbishop on any protective measures necessary to protect children from abuse
- Monitoring the activities of priests known to have abused children in the past in order to minimise the chance of them doing so again.
The service provides pastoral outreach and support for those who have experienced abuse by priests or parish workers